Explore these continuing and distance education sites to learn more about this exciting and growing field.
There are a number of online searchable databases that can help you find the distance education course or program that is right for you.
- University Online (COHERE – Canada’s Collaboration for Online Higher Education and Research)
- Canadian Virtual University
- Telecampus Online Course Database
- Canada’s Campus Connection
- Petersons Educational Database
- The International Distance Learning Course Finder
- International Centre for Distance Learning
Library services for distance learners; links to databases, almanacs, electronic books and journals, government sources
- The National Library of Canada
A comprehensive listing of both Canadian library home pages and online library catalogues.
- Ontario Library Service’s Ready Reference Sources
Canadian directories, almanacs, government sources, news databases, facts and statistics, etc.
- Infomine:Scholarly Internet Resource Collections
INFOMINE is a collection of Internet/Web resources of relevance to faculty, students, and research staff at the university level. It contains highly useful Internet/Web resources including databases, electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, listservs, online library card catalogs, articles and directories of researchers, among many other types of information.
- Internet Public Library
IPL has extensive links to reference sources from all over the Web, and to online magazines, serials, newspapers, and books. “Ask a Reference Question” lets you submit a reference question to real librarians who volunteer at the IPL Reference Centre.